The Inspector Supervisor Course (B/O) is a five-day course which helps qualify individuals for technical supervision of assigned authorized inspectors or owner/user inspectors. This course has recently been redesigned to provided training applicable to both types of Inspectors. Topics common to all will be provided in classroom lecture format, then supplemented with workshops and breakout sessions more specific to the work of the Inspector.
This course will allow those passing the final exam to receive the Suprvisor "B" or "O" Endorsment, provided all other requirements of RCI-1, NB-263, Rules for Commissioned Inspectors, are also met.
Learning Outcomes Course Agenda
After attending this training students will be able to:
- Describe the duties of the Supervisor
- Explain Quality Control requirements
- Explain the elements of a review
- Assess quality documents
- Use review or evaluation checklists
- Recognize auditor attributes and skills
- Perform audits of Authorized Inspectors
Each student is required to bring the following materials (currently mandated edition):
- National Board RCI-1, NB-263, Rules for Commissioned Inspectors (B/O)
- ASME Section I, Power Boilers (B/O)
- ASME Section IV, Heating Boilers (B/O)
- ASME Section V, Nondestructive Examination (B/O)
- ASME Section VIII, Div. 1, Pressure Vessels (B/O)
- ASME Section IX, Welding and Brazing Qualifications (B/O)
- ASME B31.1, Power Piping (B/O)
- ASME QAI-1, Qualifications for Authorized Inspection (B)
- ASNT SNT-TC-1A (B/O)
- National Board Inspection Code, Part 1, Installation (O)
- National Board Inspection Code, Part 2, Inspection (O)
- National Board Inspection Code, Part 1, Repairs and Alterations (O)
- Non-programmable scientific calculator (B/O)
NOTE: The National Board adheres to copyright restrictions of all codes and standards. Students should be aware or know this when registering for National Board training.
Criteria for Successful Completion
As a minimum, for a National Board Certificate of Successful Completion and IACET CEUs to be issued, students must:
- actively participate in classroom assignments,
- have a minimum attendance of 90%,
- complete the course evaluation survey, and
- achieve a 70% or higher on the final examination.
2.9 CEUs Issued
Who Should Attend
The final examination is held on the last day of this course and is specific to the endorsement the student is seeking. Individuals should reference the Candidate Handbook for further information.
Frequently Asked Questions