The Authorized Nuclear Inspector Supervisor Course (NS) is a five-day course for individuals with the National Board "N" endorsement wishing to qualify as a supervisor. The course introduces the duties of a technical supervisor; the principles, techniques and tools used in monitoring inspection activities and auditing quality systems; and evaluating tests and examinations. The course also introduces the student to radiation health physics requirements.
This course will allow those passing the final exam to receive a Nuclear Supervisor "NS" Endorsement, provided all other requirements of RCI-1, NB-263, Rules for Commissioned Inspectors, are also met.
After attending this training students will be able to:
- Describe Quality Assurance Systems
- Describe the duties and responsibilities of Inspectors and Supervisors
- Evaluate tests and examinations
Each student is required to bring the following materials (currently mandated edition):
- National Board RCI-1 NB-263, Rules for Commissioned Inspectors
- ASME Section III, Div. 1, Subsection NCA, NB, NC, and ND
- ASME QAI-1, Qualifications for Authorized Inspection
- ASME NQA-1, Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Application
NOTE: The National Board adheres to copyright restrictions of all codes and standards. Students should be aware or know this when registering for National Board training.
Criteria for Successful Completion
As a minimum, for a National Board Certificate of Successful Completion and IACET CEUs to be issued, students must:
- actively participate in classroom assignments,
- have a minimum attendance of 90%,
- complete the course evaluation survey, and
- achieve a 70% or higher on the final examination.
2.7 CEUs Issued
Who Should Attend
Nuclear Industry Professionals
The final examination is held on the last day of this course. Individuals seeking the related endorsement should reference the Candidate Handbook for further information.
Frequently Asked Questions