Louisiana Seeks Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspector
The State of Louisiana Office of the State Fire Marshal is accepting applications for a boiler and pressure vessel inspector. The inspector shall perform inspections to ensure compliance with the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code; the National Board Inspection Code; and the laws, rules, and regulations of the state of Louisiana. The position will be located in the Baton Rouge area.
- inspecting boilers and pressure vessels on a regular basis;
- preparing and submitting inspection reports (Pareses, Jurisdiction on Line);
- investigating accidents;
- providing consultation to the public;
- maintaining an established territory; and
- performing other duties as required.
Minimum requirements include three years of experience in the construction, installation, inspection, operation, maintenance, and/or repair of high-pressure boilers and pressure vessels as a mechanical engineer, steam-operating engineer, boilermaker, or boiler inspector. Qualified applicants must hold a valid National Board Commission.
Starting annual salary is $39,950.
For more information, contact:
William R. Owens, Chief Boiler Inspector
Mechanical Safety Section
8181 Independence Blvd.
Baton Rouge, LA 70806