2019 Edition Changes
Summary of Major Changes:
- Part 1
- New requirements for the installation of carbon monoxide detectors for rooms containing fuel fired boilers and pressure vessels.
- A new Supplement 7, Installation of Graphite Pressure Equipment.
- Part 2
- Updated inspection requirements and guidance for Pressure Vessels for Human Occupancy (PVHOs).
- New instructions for the replacement of stampings and nameplates, which includes an update to Form NB-136.
- A new subsection for Supplement 2 on the firing of historical boilers with liquid or gaseous fuels.
- Part 3
- New requirements and guidance for the “NR” Program.
- New requirements and guidance for brazing and fusing.
- Updates to the list of Standard Welding Procedure Specifications (SWPSs).
- New requirements and guidance for the repair of plate heat exchangers.
- New instructions and guidelines for the R-1, R-2, R-3, and R-4 repair forms.
- New requirements and guidelines for the installation of boiler flues.
- New requirements and guidelines for testing tube plug repairs in graphite pressure vessels.
- Part 4
- Updated requirements and guidance for pressure relief valves for steam heating boilers.
- New accreditation requirements for the “T/O” Testing Only program.
- New requirements and guidance for repairs of nuclear safety related pressure relief devices.
- A new Supplement 7, Recommended Procedures for Test Only of Pressure Relief Valves.
The 2019 Draft Edition shows all changes notated in strikethrough-underline format for all four parts of the NBIC.
The 2019 edition of the NBIC will be available for purchase on July 1st, 2019.