Senior Staff Engineer (Instructor)
The National Board of Boiler & Pressure Vessel Inspectors (NBBI) is seeking an exceptional, self-motivated, and versatile Senior Staff Engineer / Instructor to work on site in Columbus, OH. This person will be responsible for developing training materials; instructing students in a classroom setting; working with our curriculum team to develop/author content for online training courses; and providing technical support in areas of expertise as necessary. This candidate will possess the ability to speak clearly and concisely in small group settings and prioritize tasks on multiple projects using excellent time-management skills. This role requires the ability to communicate effectively through written, oral, and visual forms; demonstrate proficient presentation, facilitation and questioning skills; and manage an environment that fosters learning and performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with the instructional team to determine technical content to be taught in assigned courses and seminars based on associated bodies of knowledge and industry needs
- Develop instructional materials (slides, supporting documents, etc.) needed to teach assigned course sessions
- Provide technical review of training material as assigned, based on experience and code knowledge
- Work with Assessments Coordinator to write and validate questions used on National Board homework, quizzes, and examinations
- Author online training content; work with curriculum writers and designers to guide the technical aspects of the online course throughout development until completion
- Provide technical assistance to National Board members and staff; coordinate with the Technical Department to answer outside technical inquiries
- Author technical articles for National Board publications upon request
- Deliver technical presentations at National Board member sponsored programs, as requested
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Interacts professionally with staff, students, and outside contact
- Select and use a variety of methods to support the instructional content
- Stimulate learner motivation and engagement
- Provide clarification and feedback
- Integrate technology into the learning process
- Dependable, self-starter with ability to work well under limited supervision
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-through and organizational skills
College graduate with an Engineering degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Ten (10) years of INSERVICE experience in the boiler and pressure vessel inspection, design, manufacture/fabrication, quality programs, etc.
- National Board Inspection Code (NBIC)
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code and other standards recognized by the National Board; codes and standards development; inspection techniques; boiler and pressure vessel design, construction, operation, maintenance, and repair; all design processes; all welding and fabrication methods and principles used in Code construction.
- Codes and standards applications that have been recognized by the National Board and its member jurisdictions
- Engineering principles and methods
- Safety principles and methods
Please submit your resume to J.D. Miracle at email@example.com. Please specify the position for which you are applying.