Are you a professional Staff Accountant looking for a reliable work environment where your contributions are valued? Would you like to work for a company that is the worldwide leader in pressure equipment safety – a business-casual, service-oriented work culture combined with a comprehensive benefits package and affords employees an exceptional balance of work and home life?
The National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors (NBBI) is the worldwide leader in pressure equipment safety. Our offices are centrally located in Columbus, Ohio, and our Accounting Department is actively seeking a full-time staff accountant. This role is a key component of the accounting team and is critical to ensure that the financial transactions are properly recorded and accounted for correctly.
When you join the NBBI organization, you receive job stability (we’ve been around for over 101 years), a friendly atmosphere (no corporate grind here), great hours, 20 paid holidays a year (in addition to flexible paid time off), and other great benefits such as medical, vision, dental, long and short term disability, and life insurance; and a generous 401(k) contribution and match plan. Join our team and put your accounting experience to work!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close, including journal entry preparation, accruals, and reports
- Prepares monthly financial statements according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principals
- Assists with preparing and monitoring of financial budgets and forecasts
- Performs all accounting duties associated with the National Board Pension Plan
- Performs regular account reconciliations and resolves accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Develops and documents business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Prepares for annual financial audit and assists with document requests
- Assists in data compilation for annual tax return (Form 990)
- Provides backup for Accounts Payable functions
- Maintains and reconciles fixed asset schedules
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepares special financial reports as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Other duties as assigned
College graduate with a degree in Accounting or Finance
Three (3) to four (4) years experience as a Staff Accountant
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principals and strong financial analysis skills
- Microsoft Office Suite, with excellent Excel skills
- ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Great Plains and Aptify
- Principles of office procedures and protocols
- Utilize strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Utilize excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Interface accounting data between multiple systems
- Identify areas of duplication, inaccuracy or inefficiency and recommend changes
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with others
Please submit your resume to Julie Diehl at email@example.com. Please specify the position for which you are appyling.