General Meeting NB Members Authorized Inspection Agencies Owner-User Inspection Organizations Pressure Relief Certifications & Flow Lab

  Email      Print
   Continuing Education for Renewal

Continuing Education for Renewal:
Certified Individual

Which course should I take to renew my credential?

NB-383, Rules for Certified Individuals, requires each Certified Individual must complete ONE online training renewal assessment every TWO calendar years appropriate for the scope of certificate, as shown below.

Bioprocessing Equipment (BPE) = ONE online renewal assessment
Electric Boilers (EB) = ONE online renewal assessment
Cast Aluminum Boilers (CAB) = ONE online renewal assessment
Cast Iron Boilers (CIB) = ONE online renewal assessment
Unfired Miniature Vessels (UM) = ONE online renewal assessment
Pressure Relief Devices (PRD) = ONE online renewal assessment
Reinforced Thermoset Plastic (RTP) = ONE online renewal assessment


How do I know which course I should take?

Each course in the online training catalog is tagged with a line indicating if it may be taken for renewal. New renewal assessments are scheduled to roll out in 2018.

For example:


Remember, Certified Individuals only need to complete training every other calendar year!

For example:

Certified Individual Joe took the course Certified Individual: Electric Boilers Renewal Assessment in 2017 to renew his CI:EB certificate.

Certified Individual Joe does NOT need to complete any training/renewal assessment in 2018 to renew.

HOWEVER, Certified Individual Joe will need to complete one of the renewal assessments for electric boilers in 2019 for renewal.

About Us   |  Get Directions   |  Contact Us   |   Disclaimer   |   Logo & Marks Policy   |   Privacy Statement   |   Terms of Use   |   Site Map

Copyright 2018 The National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors | 1055 Crupper Avenue Columbus, OH 43229 Ph.614.888.8320