The application for a National Board PEI is an online application form. To access the application, log into your individual Business Center account. After all requirements have been met, the application will appear under the View/Edit My Profile tab.
Photo Required: A recent photograph of the applicant is required as part of the application. It will be printed on the certification card issued with each certification.
The photo must meet the following requirements:
- Your photo must be in color.
- Your photo must be taken within the last six (6) months.
- Your photo must be a clear image of you (not blurry, grainy, or fuzzy) against a plain, light-colored background.
- Your photo must be a head and shoulders shot of only you directly facing the camera in full-face view.
Please have the photo available electronically, as a feature of the application form is to allow the applicant to browse their computer and select the photo.
Experience Required: The applicant will be asked to verify three (3) years of experience including the company, contact name, and the type of experience.
Two Year Time Constraint: An applicant whose certification has not been issued within a two (2) year period following the passing of the National Board examination, is required to retake and pass the examination.
Certification Agreement: The applicant will be asked to read and comprehend this Agreement in its entirety and agree to comply with its terms and conditions.
Each Pressure Equipment Inspector Certification card expires annually on June 30.
Once a year, each National Board Pressure Equipment Inspector is required to complete a National Board online training course appropriate for the scope of their certificate.
- The Inservice Pressure Equipment Inspector is required to take the National Board continuing education course for Inservice Inspectors.
- The ASME Construction Pressure Equipment Inspector is required to take the National Board continuing education course for Authorized Inspectors (ASME BPVC Sections I, IV or VIII).
- The Repair Pressure Equipment Inspector is required to take the National Board continuing education course for Repairs.
For information about the required courses, visit the Online Training Catalog in the Education Center.