Inspection Training Center Expands Equipment Collection
Thanks to generous donations, the National Board Inspection Training Center (ITC) is home to a unique and growing collection of boilers, pressure vessels, and related equipment used to provide students with hands-on experience during training.
Companies interested in donating equipment should contact John Hoh at email@example.com. The National Board will make the necessary arrangements for shipping donated items to the Inspection Training Center. Donated equipment is affixed with a plate acknowledging the donor. The National Board would like to add the following items to the ITC:
- ASME Section IV coil-type hot water boiler
- ASME Section IV cast aluminum boiler
- ASME Section IV copper fin-tube boiler
- ASME Section I electric boilers (electrode type and immersion resistance element type)
- Vertical firetube boiler
- Line valves – cut-away displays would be welcome (check, ball, gate, outside screw and yoke, steam service stop/check)
- Autoclave with a wedge/ring door closure (such as those used in the tire industry)
Contributions or gifts to the National Board are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.