The Pressure Relief Valve Repair Seminar (VR) is an intensive five-day seminar covering each area of pressure relief valves which provides management, QC personnel, and supervisors the latest and most in-depth information available. Topics include inspection, assembly, and repair. In addition, the course offers an overview of the "VR" certificate program.
National Board expert instructors come directly from the industry as well as the National Board's world-renowned testing lab and provide excellent real-world teaching scenarios. Students gain practical knowledge on preparing quality control programs, repair and alteration rules, qualifications and use of standard welding procedures, basic codes of construction, and compliance with jurisdictional requirements.
After attending this training students will be able to:
- Describe the National Board "VR" Certification Program
- Define NBIC, ASME, and PTC 25 requirements
- Describe installation and operation of pressure relief valves
- Recognize and differentiate between pilot-operated and spring loaded pressure relief valves
- Calculate nameplate capacities and evaluate device certifications
- Describe hands-on repair
- Describe assembly and disassembly of pressure relief valves
- Perform critical inspections
- Evaluate lapping and grinding methods
- Evaluate setting, testing, and sealing processes
- Evaluate welding and NDE methods
- Assess training and qualification of personnel
- Understand Quality Control Systems
Each student is required to bring a scientific calculator with square root function.
Note: Completing the National Board's Basic Mathematics: Operations and Formulas online training course is suggested -- but not required -- prior to attending this classroom training.
Criteria for Successful Completion
As a minimum, for a National Board Certificate of Completion to be issued, students must:
- actively participate in classroom assignments,
- have an attendance of 80%,
- complete the course evaluation survey, and
- achieve a 70% or higher on the final assessment.
Off-Site Tuition: $1,700
2.6 CEUs Issued
Who Should Attend
The final examination is held on the last day of this seminar and graded before end of class session.
Frequently Asked Questions