The Authorized Nuclear Inservice Inspector Course (I) is a five-day course covering specific areas of nuclear inservice inspection in addition to jurisdictional and Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements. Also addressing the National Board Inspection Code, this course is essential for keeping an authorized nuclear inservice inspector abreast of acceptance standards, nondestructive examination procedures, health physics, quality assurance, welding, and reporting requirements of ASME Boiler and Pressure Code Section
This course will allow those passing the final exam to receive a Nuclear Inservice "I" Endorsement, provided all other requirements of RCI-1, NB-263, Rules for Commissioned Inspectors, are also met.
Learning Outcomes Course Agenda
After attending this training students will be able to:
- Describe the role of the Authorized Nuclear Inservice Inspector (ANII)
- Explain the history and philosophy of ASME Section XI
- Evaluate examination and inspection methods
- Assess repair and replacement code requirements
- Evaluate system pressure tests
- Describe component support code requirements
- Describe concrete component code requirements
- Assess security/radiation protection and health/safety concerns
Each student is required to bring the following materials (currently mandated edition):
- National Board RCI-1, Rules for Commissioned Inspectors (NB-263)
- ASME Section V, Nondestructive Examination
- ASME Section IX, Welding and Brazing Qualifications
- ASME Section XI, Inservice Inspection, Nuclear
- ASME QAI-1, Qualifications for Authorized Inspection
- ASME NQA-1, Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Application
- ASNT SNT-TC-1A
- ASNT CP-189
NOTE: The National Board adheres to copyright restrictions of all codes and standards. Students should be aware or know this when registering for National Board training.
Criteria for Successful Completion
As a minimum, for a National Board Certificate of Successful Completion and IACET CEUs to be issued, students must:
- actively participate in classroom assignments,
- have a minimum attendance of 90%,
- complete the course evaluation survey, and
- achieve a 70% or higher on the final examination.
3.5 CEUs Issued
Who Should Attend
holding the "N" Endorsement seeking to perform inservice inspections
The final examination is held on the last day of this course. Individuals seeking the related endorsement should reference the Candidate Handbook for further information.
Frequently Asked Questions