Time to Renew!
For all holders of National Board Commissions and Endorsements, it is time to prepare for renewal of those credentials for 2021. Continuing education training must be completed in order to complete renewal. Seven new online continuing education courses have been added this year to the already extensive list of training offered by the National Board for credential renewal. These new titles include:
- Inservice Inspection Documentation (IS/O);
- ASME Section XI Division 2 Overview (I/NSI);
- Completing NBIC Repair and Alteration Forms (R);
- Inspection Techniques for Air Receivers (IS/O);
- Corrosion in Pressure-Retaining items (IS/O);
- Quality Systems for Repair Inspectors (R); and
- Limits and Exceptions for ASME Code Materials (AI/B).
Completion of a continuing education course is required for each commission and endorsement. Note: Supervisor endorsements do not require separate training. To review the requirements for continuing education, Inspectors should review RCI-1, Rules for Commissioned Inspectors (NB-263).
To view the full catalog of online training, visit the Education Center on the National Board's Business Center. Inspectors have until December 31 to complete their training so their employers may renew their credentials.