Scribner receives ASME Dedicated Service Award
Gary Scribner, NBBI assistant executive director-technical, was presented with the ASME Dedicated Service Award during the ASME Conference Committee meeting May 16 during the General Meeting at Harrah’s Las Vegas.
Established in 1983, the award honors unusual dedicated voluntary service to the Society marked by outstanding performance, demonstrated effective leadership, prolonged and committed service, devotion, enthusiasm and faithfulness.
Matt Vazquez, ASME senior director of engineering operations, presented the award.
Scribner joined the National Board in January 2014 as manager of technical services and assumed his current position four years later. He became a National Board member in 2007 and was elected to the Board of Trustees as a member at large in 2009. He later served as second vice chair.
Scribner is on the following ASME committees:
- Board on Conformity Assessment (vice chair)
- BCA Committee on Boiler and Pressure Vessel Conformity Assessment (vice chair)
- BCA Committee on Conduct of Conformity Assessment Activities
- Standards Committee on Qualifications for Authorized Inspection (chair)
- Committee on AIA Accreditation (chair)
- Committee on Hearings and Appeals
Matt Vazquez, ASME senior director of engineering operations, presents Gary Scribner,
NBBI assistant executive director-technical, with the ASME Dedicated Service Award on May 16.